It’s very important to take care of yourself and get the most from life.
Some tips for self-care include:
- See a Psychologist: Talking about your feelings can help you stay in good mental health and deal with times when you feel troubled. Counselling can help you learn about what you’re feeling, why you might be feeling it, and how to cope. Talking about your feelings isn’t a sign of weakness. It’s part of taking charge of your wellbeing and doing what you can to stay healthy. Talking is a great way to cope with challenges – Just being listened to can help you feel supported and less alone.
- Live Healthily: eat good foods -low in carbs and less processed foods, get enough sleep, exercise regularly, and avoid drugs and alcohol. Manage stress and go for regular medical check-ups.
- Practice Good Hygiene: Good hygiene is important for social, medical, and psychological reasons. It reduces the risk of illness and improves the way others view you and how you view yourself.
- Try to do Something You Enjoy Every Day: That might mean running, dancing, watching a favourite TV show, working in the garden, painting or reading.
- Find Ways to Relax: Practice meditation, yoga, getting a massage, bathing, or walking in the woods.
- Take a break: A change of scene or a change of pace is good for your mental health. It could be a ten-minute pause from cleaning your living room, a half-hour lunch break at work or a weekend exploring somewhere new. A few minutes can be enough to de-stress you. Give yourself some ‘me time’ and ‘grace’. Or even a 20 minutes power nap during the day.
I find that incorporating these steps has helped with feeling calm and able to manage emotions and cope with the stresses of daily life.