Fall is in full swing, and there are several things to improve your health and well-being. To improve well-being and fight seasonal depression, illness, and allergies – I have shared the top seven ways to stay healthy!
- Creating Boundaries – Setting healthy boundaries has many benefits. I make decisions based on what is best for me and the people around me. In my book, healthy boundaries are one of the most important parts of self-care. Some healthy boundaries I find helpful are: Financial boundaries, keeping my cell phone away from my bedroom at night, declining specific phone calls, avoiding conversations that lead to arguments and deciding when to share certain information and when to take time for myself, determining my capacity for listening and supporting others etc.
- Enough Hydration – Staying hydrated as the season change can help boost your immune system and give your body the support it needs to fight off many types of infection. The body uses water to help maintain an ideal temperature balance, and when the body isn’t adequately hydrated, the result is an abnormal body temperature that can be dangerous.
- Maintain Good Personal Hygiene – Personal hygiene habits such as washing your hands and brushing and flossing your teeth help keep bacteria, viruses, and illnesses away from an individual. Practicing good hygiene has numerous mental as well as physical benefits. It simply helps one feel good about yourself and boost up a happy feeling, which is essential for your mental health,
- Eat a Balanced Diet – The human body is like a machine, and it will perform best when given the best food. A well-balanced diet provides essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients to keep the body and mind strong and healthy. Eating well can also help ward off numerous diseases and health complications and help maintain healthy body weight, provide energy, allow better sleep, and improve brain function.
- Dress Accordingly – Dressing well allows one to gain self-confidence, and that’s an essential aspect of communication. Good communication skills can be obtained easily if one decides to choose what to wear wisely. I firmly believe that clothes reveal a person’s personality.
- Exercise – Seasonal changes can affect mood. As with nutritional and physical health, new seasons can have a real impact on mental and emotional well-being. Consistently changing your workout with the seasons can help you stay motivated and reach better gains with your fitness goals. I’m an avid runner, but with seasonal changes, I incorporated weight training into my workout to stay motivated at the beginning of the fall. I have started moving my work out indoors. Colder weather is never an excuse to avoid exercise and healthy activity. I used youtube videos for my at-home workouts with dumbbells and a step board. I also have, turn some of my household chores like floor mopping and window cleaning into workouts.
- Rest – Taking a break to rest is vital to human productivity. The human body is built to thrive in a series of short races. Taking a break for a short time can offer you the refresh you need to persevere through your day. Rest promotes mental and physical health, such as increasing performance, promoting well-being, reducing stress, improving mood, and strengthening relationships with other individuals.